Dear people who've foolishly agreed to sign up for my blog alerts,
I am currently sitting in the Lorton, VA station of the Amtrak Auto Train, waiting to board the sleeper car to Sanford, FL! I'm writing this in the train station waiting area, don't worry I'm here with all the early bird specials, and I'll be sure to document the sleeper car I reserved. But all these details beg the question, why am I headed to central florida during the summer?
Why, do you ask? I'm headed to Orlando to start my internship with Shmuniversal Shmudios!! This summer, my internship duties will no doubt include assisting their tech team with UI stuff, design and general minion tasks. In exchange, I'm a wizard b/c of my proximity to Harry Potter World. Exciting news! Aside from the internship, I'll be spending my summer avoiding the zika virus, carbohydrates, and training for the New York Marathon this coming November.
In news since I last wrote, my project team finished our "don't cheat" game, which you can find at my website under projects (It's under "A Fine Line"). A button on that page leads you to the live URL where you can play the game and see whether you have the moral fortitude to make choices of integrity with regards to your academic pursuits. Or whatever.
I'll keep this sort of short, as I will be transitioning back into the arduous task of semi-regular blog posts, but I wanted to avoid reading the ending of my only train book (I'm about 200 pages away from the ending of "For Whom the Bell Tolls, and it ain't lookin' good for the communists.) by posting a quick note for y'all.
If you find yourselves in Orlando this summer, give me a buzz. I have no friends. This is not a drill.
ok so as I get ready to tuck into the night, I find myself meditating on several moments from my trip:
1. My cabin neighbor shit his pants and walked around the cabin, wafting his last meal to everyone (well not actually, but you get the idea)
2. Said man proceeded to change into shorts and head to the cafe car, presumably to refuel after the discharge
3. I understand the motive for the killing for Agatha Christies "Murder on the Orient Express"
4. A private cabin does not give total privacy (I'm looking at you elderly flatulent couple with whom I share a cabin wall)
5. I'm a "young lady" according to my dinner table
ok enough for today, off to bed Zzzzzzz